[Cmake] Converting from CMake 1.6 to CMake 1.8

Randy Casstevens r_casste at hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:45:47 -0500

This is the second time I posted this message.  The first time I posted it
hotmail converted
my message into html and made it difficult for some to read.

When converting from CMake 1.6 to CMake 1.8, we ran into a problem with
one of our targets.

Here is some example code that illustrates the problem:

>FOREACH(MY_TARGET
>         target1 target2 target3)
>     ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(${MY_TARGET} some command...)
>     ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(
>     TARGET run
>     DEPENDS ${MY_TARGET}
>     )
>ENDFOREACH(MY_TARGET)

When using CMake 1.6, the targets would be added to the dependency list
for the run target.  But, when we converted to CMake 1.8, the targets were
not added to the dependency list.  Why did this happen?  How can it be
fixed?

Thanks