[Cmake] Stupid Question

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:49:41 -0500

This is really a VTK specific question.
In CMake if you add a .h file to the sources of a library or executable
it puts them in the Header Files folder.   This is optional, because
the .h files are not required to build the project as the are not compiled.

VTK uses the .h files to create wrappers for various languages like
tcl and python.   In that case the .h file is required as part of the build
process because it is "compiled" by a wrapper generator to create a .cxx file.
So, in VTK the vtkLibraryTcl targets all contain the .h files with a custom
command hanging off of each of them that are used to generate the Source Files
for that vtkLibraryTcl.   If you were to change all the cmakelists.txt files in VTK
to include the .h files as sources for vtkLibrary as well as the vtkLibraryTcl
it would show up there as well.

-Bill