[Cmake] please, I need some help

Lucas Lorenzo lucas at cvrti.utah.edu
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:22:51 -0700

--Apple-Mail-4--744076450

Hi,

the information you requested is the following:

  System Version:	Mac OS X 10.3.2
  Kernel Version:	Darwin 7.2.0
  compiler: 	g++-3.3
  cmake version: 	1.8

Thanks,

Lucas

On Feb 9, 2004, at 7:02 AM, Brad King wrote:

> Lucas Lorenzo wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> sorry if this seems to simple or if it's not related to cmake itself
>> but I'm kind of lost.
>> I was using cmake with the following short CMakeLists.txt file:
>> PROJECT(FilteringExamples)
>> INCLUDE_REGULAR_EXPRESSION("^.*$")
>> # Find ITK.
>> FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
>> IF(ITK_FOUND)
>>   INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
>> ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
>>   MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
>>           "Cannot build without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR.")
>> ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)
>> ADD_EXECUTABLE(DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter
>> DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.cxx )
>> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter ITKCommon
>> ITKBasicFilters ITKIO)
>> and I could compile and run my program with no problem.
>> Then, I did not make any changes (I'm sure about this) in the source
>> code but I run ccmake again. Then, when trying to make it I have the
>> following error
>> lucas:DistanceMap> make
>> Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
>> Building object file DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.o...
>> Building executable
>> /.../SLICE_5/DistanceMap/DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter...
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traints<char>
>> >::seekg(std::fpos<mbstate_t>)
>> make[1]: ***
>> [/.../SLICE_5/DistanceMap/DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter] Error 1
>> make: *** [default_target] Error 2
>> Any clue of what's wrong here?
>
> What platform, compiler, and cmake version are you using?  Bugs in the
> SGI prelinking phase can cause errors like this.
>
> -Brad

Lucas Lorenzo

University of Utah
Nora Eccles Harrison CardioVascular Research and Training Institute
Fellows Room
95 South 2000 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5000

e-mail:  lucas at cvrti.utah.edu
telephone: 801-587-9536

--Apple-Mail-4--744076450

Hi,

the information you requested is the following:

Version:	Mac OS X 10.3.2

 Kernel Version:	Darwin 7.2.0

 compiler: 	g++-3.3

 cmake version: 	1.8

Thanks,

Lucas

</x-tad-smaller></fontfamily>

sorry if this seems to simple or if it's not related to cmake itself
but I'm kind of lost.

I was using cmake with the following short CMakeLists.txt file:

PROJECT(FilteringExamples)

INCLUDE_REGULAR_EXPRESSION("^.*$")

# Find ITK.

FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)

IF(ITK_FOUND)

  INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})

ELSE(ITK_FOUND)

  MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR

          "Cannot build without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR.")

ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter
DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.cxx )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter ITKCommon
ITKBasicFilters ITKIO)

and I could compile and run my program with no problem.

Then, I did not make any changes (I'm sure about this) in the source
code but I run ccmake again. Then, when trying to make it I have the
following error

lucas:DistanceMap> make

Building dependencies. cmake.depends...

Building object file DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.o...

Building executable
/.../SLICE_5/DistanceMap/DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter...

ld: Undefined symbols:

std::basic_istream<<char, std::char_traints<<char>
>::seekg(std::fpos<<mbstate_t>)

make[1]: ***
[/.../SLICE_5/DistanceMap/DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter] Error 1

make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Any clue of what's wrong here?

</excerpt>

What platform, compiler, and cmake version are you using?  Bugs in the
SGI prelinking phase can cause errors like this.

-Brad

</excerpt>Lucas Lorenzo

e-mail:  lucas at cvrti.utah.edu

telephone: 801-587-9536