[Cmake] CMake support for packaging?

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu Aug 19 08:44:18 EDT 2004

Hi Kris,

CMake currently does not support package making. We do have plan to
include support for things like RPM, DEB, Wise, ... sometime in the
future, but it will probably take some time.

That said, you can use DESTDIR when installing.

Set DESTDIR to the location where you want the installation to be. For
example, CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is set to let say /usr and the DESTDIR is
set to /tmp/packages, then when you run make install, it will put all
the files to /tmp/packages/usr. Now you go to /tmp/packages and package
all the files in your RPM, DEB, TGZ, or whatever.

DESTDIR is environment variable.

			Andy