[Cmake] about run time lib conflict

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Tue Aug 10 04:01:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

           My project use two libs: vtk4.2 and tcl.lib. (MSVC6.0 server pack6,  VTK4.2,  WindowsXP)
I build vtk4.2 with the run time lib: Debug Multi thread with DLL

I use two methods to config my project.

1.  Use the CmakeSetup to config my project and it work fine.

2. New a project and copy the include path , linked path and the linked libs from the first method. However, often receive the run time lib conflict error:

msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP60D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::ios_base::Init::Init(void)" (??0Init at ios_base@std@@QAE at XZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(iostream.obj)

Even though I config the run time lib: Debug Multi thread with DLL in my project setting,  the error as before.

I am very confused. I think the reason may be the tcl.lib use the Debug multi thread run time lib, but why the first method can avoid this conflict?

Hope your help!

Best regards,

Yixun Liu