[Cmake] Visual Studio: setting target names for build types / library dependencies

Stefan Kowski stefan.kowski at gmx.de
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:13:34 +0200

Hi,

I submitted a patch in the bug tracker to support setting target names in
the Visual Studio 6 generator. So different names can be set for debug and
release targets (I think I read this requirement some time ago on this list;
if you are interested, see bug #731).

I tried including an external Visual Studio 6 project using:

INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT(libname /lib/path/libname.dsp)

This works fine, the project shows up in the workspace. But how do I add
this project as a prerequisite of another, i.e. an executable?

The docs say: INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT(name location dep1 dep2 ...)

Are dep1/dep2 the names or paths of the executable project?

Stefan