[Cmake] CMakeLists.txt case sensitivity

Andras Varga andras . varga at eng . monash . edu . au
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:39:13 +1000

Hi,

Is there a reason why CMakeLists.txt commands have to be all
upper-case? It really looks like SHOUTING, and I find long
CMakeList.txt files hard to read on the screen. (I guess
I'm not alone with this, there must be a reason why nearly
all programming languages use dominantly lower-case letters...)
Are there any plans to change it? As much as I know, making
command names case-insensitive wouldn't break backwards compatibility...

Otherwise CMake looks a powerful and very-very useful tool for
creating cross-platform makefiles...

Regards,
Andras