[Cmake] Output directory for build

Ondrej Svetlik osvetlik at kerio . com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:09:39 +0200

Thanks a lot,

I went through the documentation and found no LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH,
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH, is there any list of variables, that may be used
and modified?

I'd like to have obj files in a separate directory, because I need to
compile my project with several compilers and right now I have to use
separate tree for each compiler. I must commit all changes to CVS before
I may try another compiler.

I'd like to have directory structure like this:

project/
project/subproject1
project/subproject2
project/lib
project/lib/gcc-3.2.2-i386/release
project/lib/gcc-3.2.2-i386/debug
project/lib/gcc-2.96-i386/...
project/lib/gcc-2.95-i386/...
project/tests/...
project/objs/...

Changing compiler or debug/release could simply modify all variables to
follow all dependencies and new rules.

I hope I've described it clearly enough.

With regards,

Ondrej Svetlik