[Cmake] Cmake 1.8.x for Cygwin

Wheeler, Frederick W (Research) wheeler at crd . ge . com
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:24:39 -0400

> It was sort of held up by the cygwin change to 1.5.5 cygwin.
> I am still not really sure what to do.  Should the next version
> of cmake for cygwin require 1.3 or 1.5 cygwin?
> I will try to figure this out this week.   I don't think we will
> be providing a cygwin version other than the one from cygwin setup.

My suggestion is that new versions of cmake depend on cygwin 1.5.  Over the
past month there have been a huge number of packages upgraded to new
versions simply to work with 1.5.  Seems to be the way to go.

> CMSetup181.exe should not install anything to /usr/local/bin.

Hmmm.  You are correct, of course.  I could have swore I saw CMSetup181.exe
put something in /usr/local/bin, but I cannot repeat it now.  Must have done
a cygwin build/install and then forgotten about it.

-Fred