[Cmake] CMake error configuring a C++ application

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:33:57 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Ignacio Berzal wrote:

> The C compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.
>
> It fails in the following output:
> ---------------------------Configuration: cmTryCompileExec - Win32 Debug--------------------------
> Building Custom Rule C:\Nacho\Ejem\Ejemplo_1\CMakeTmp\CMakeList.txt
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/Archivos de programa/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/BIN/cl.exe
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/Archivos de programa/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/BIN/cl.exe -- broken
> The C compiler "C:/Archivos de programa/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/BIN/cl.exe"
>  is not able to compile a simple test program
> It fails in the following output:
> ---------------------------Configuration: cmTryCompileExec - Win32 Debug--------------------------
>
> Building Custom Rule C:\Nacho\Ejem\Ejemplo_1\CMakeTmp\CMakeList.txt
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/Archivos de programa/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/BIN/cl.exe
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/Archivos de programa/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/BIN/cl.exe -- broken
>

> Do you know why I get this error? How can I resolve it?

Please send me the CMakeError.log file from your build tree (privately,
please do not Cc the list).  It will hopefully contain more detailed
information about what is wrong.

Thanks,
-Brad