[Cmake] Generating gnu Makefiles compiling under MSVC

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue May 27 09:11:45 EDT 2003

This has not been done.    There are some other issues you may wan to know
about.   Since Microsoft uses a single program database for a group of object
files in a directory parallel builds will not work with the microsoft compiler in
debug and possibly other modes.

It should not be that hard to try.   You might be able to try it by running
the cygwin version of cmake, and creating a CYGWIN-cl.cmake file in the Modules/Platform
directory of cmake.    If you get one that works, let me know and we can
put it back into cmake, and work on generating that type of makefile from the
windows GUI.

-Bill