[Cmake] Misc. questions

Anton Deguet anton at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 27 14:35:08 EST 2003

Hello,

I just started with CMake and I have a few questions:

-1- Is there an easy way to set a variable with regexp, e.g.

SET(ALL_SOURCE_FILES "./src/*.cxx")

-2- Is there a way to test that a variable is defined, e.g.

IF("defined???" ${OTHER_LIB})
   TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${MY_TARGET} ${OTHER_LIB})
ENDIF("defined???" ${OTHER_LIB})

If ${OTHER_LIB} has never been defined, TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES complains.

-3- What INSTALL_TARGET is supposed to do in VC++ 6?  Is there a
post-build command generated?

-4- On a Linux computer, I have a configuration with:

ADD_LIBRARY(mylib file1.cpp)
INSTALL_TARGETS(mylib)

If I start with "make install", the make fails because the library is
not build.  Should there be a dependency to make sure the library is
build first?

Thanks,

Anton

PS: On Windows 2000, I use CMake 1.6.5 and on Linux, I have a CVS
version checked-out yesterday.

--
Anton Deguet - Email anton<at>cs.jhu.edu
Office NEB B26 - Phone 410 516 5261 - Fax 410 516 3332