[Cmake] CMake OpenGL include on OS X

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Mon Mar 17 10:03:01 EST 2003

At 7:24 AM -0500 03/17/2003, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
>I think you should have check in your code:

Hi,

I already have a check in my code, but it seems like it would be safer if I can make sure that the X11 path is not included on the compile line. I just want to make sure I'm any files outside my control aren't accidentally grabbing something from X11. Using freetype should grab my install rather than the one in /usr/local/include/X11, for example. What value could I set so that OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR can be properly ignored?

It's just an issue with OS X since frameworks' include paths work so differently. I could just leave the includes out for OS X, but if the libraries are not in the default locations then the configuration breaks and that defeats the purpose of using CMake. "#include <OpenGL/gl.h> doesn't actually indicate path/file, but rather framework/Headers/file. Maybe CMake modules could just use FIND_FILE to locate frameworks when configuring under OS X. Getting my FindInventor.cmake module working will have to account for similar issues.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Scharver