[Cmake] CMake, first steps

Otto Wyss otto . wyss at orpatec . ch
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:26:36 +0200

Since I'd like to use CMake for generating makefiles on Linux I first
tried to use it on Windows and see if it's able to create the project
files for VC++. I downloaded CMake for Win32, installed it and run the
CMakeSetup. CMakeSetup request me to enter a source and binary directory
but not a project directory!? Well I choose to enter the project
directory as source and binary and CMake seems to be happy.

After that I pressed "Configure" since "OK" was still disabled. Three
lines come up "CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY", "EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH"
and "LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH". Since I couldn't figure out what to enter I
choose to use the project directory again.

"OK" is still disabled, so I pressed "Configure" again. Now comes up an
error message

  CMake Error: Error: source: C:/Devel/wxGuide/filer/CMakeLists.txt
  Does not match source used to generate cache...
  Re-run CMake with a different source directory.

What does this mean? What can I do to go forward to enter the files,
etc.? I have the usual project directory where CMakeLists.txt and the
project files should be located.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://wxguide . sourceforge . net/" for ideas how to design your app.