[Cmake] Redhat Linux 9 -- VTK Build error

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna . prakash at quest-global . com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:16:17 +0530

Hello,
	I have downloaded and installed CMake 1.6.7 in my Redhat9 Linux system. I
downloaded VTK 4.2.0 stable version. I extracted the files and executed
ccmake. It gives me following error

The C++ compiler "c++" is not able to compile a simple tests program.
 It fails with the following output:
  echo "Building object file testCXXCompiler.o..."
 Building object file testCXXCompiler.o...
 c++ -o testCXXCompiler.o
 -I/home/build/VTK/VTK-4.2.0/CMakeTmp    -c
 /home/build/VTK/VTK-4.2.0/CMakeTmp/testCXXCompiler.cxx
 echo "Building executable cmTryCompileExec..."
 Building executable cmTryCompileExec...
 c++            -fPIC  testCXXCompiler.o    -o cmTryCompileExec -rdynamic
 ld: cannot open crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
 gmake: *** [cmTryCompileExec] Error 1
 CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

My gcc version is 3.3-12. BTW there is no testCXXCompiler.cxx.

Please help.

Thanks
Shyam