[Cmake] CMake 1.6 beta - installation problems

Jarek Sacha galicjan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 11:55:42 EST 2003

--- Ken Martin <ken.martin at kitware.com> wrote:
> CMake 1.6 beta has been released and can be downloaded from
> www.cmake.org <http://www.cmake.org/>  or form cvs as Release-1-6 If you
> encounter any problems please let us know.

Got three problems after checking out Release-1.6 from CVS, more or less
serious, here there are in "chronological" order:

Problem 1:
----------
I am trying to install CMake on Linux in directory other than /usr/local.
I do following:
$ ../CMake/configure --prefix=my_install_dir
$ make
$ make install

The installation attempts to write to /usr/local any way.

Problem 2:
----------
I do as before
$ ../CMake/configure --prefix=my_install_dir
$ make
then
$ Source/ccmake ../CMake
fix value of CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and run
$ make install

Installation seems to go fine however all CVS leftovers in Templates (.#*
files, e.g., .#cxxconfigure.in.1.10) are getting installed too

Problem 3: