[Cmake] Output directories

Patrick Rochon prochon at stelvio.com
Mon Jan 6 14:08:07 EST 2003

Hi,

I am new to cmake and for now I found it very cool !

I want to do something relatively simple and I did not found how to do it
with cmake.

Suppose I have this directory tree:

hello
hello/src1
hello/src2

I have source files in hello/src1 and hello/src2.

I want to automatically create directories "hello/src1/Debug" and
"hello/src2/Debug" and put output files (.obj, .lib, .exe, .dll) in those
folders when I am compiling in debug mode. I want to do the same with
Release mode (create "hello/src1/Release" directory).

I would like to use this feature for NMake Makefiles and Visual Studio 7
projects.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Patrick Rochon
Software Developper and Code Administrator
Stelvio inc.