[Cmake] help for compiling symbols and

Marco Petrone m.petrone at cineca.it
Tue Feb 11 05:49:32 EST 2003

Can someone help me with these two issues:
1. I'm building with VS 6.0 and I've a project requiring different
symbols for the Debug and Release building. Currently I'm using the
ADD_DEFINITIONS command to add the symbols, but I couldn't find on the
manual a way to have different symbols for the Release and Debug
configurations (while the LINK_LIBRARIES command allows to  specify
different libraries for "debug" and "optimized" configurations). This
requires me to add and OPTION for asking if the CMake has to generate a
Debug or a Release project, and also requires to regenerate the project
or to keep two separate building directories. Is there a way for doing
otherwise?

2. I've some source files with ".cc" and ".hh" extensions, which by
default VC6.0 doesn't recognize as C++ sources, is there a way to make
these two extensions to be recognized and associated to the C++ compiler
in a CMake project file?

Thanks in advance,

Marco