[Cmake] Can source be elsewhere?

John Fletcher J.P.Fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 05:08:01 EST 2003

Hi

I am new to CMake and trying out some ideas.

I have a lot of existing source files.  I had the idea of setting up
projects for CMake in new directories and pulling in source files
from elsewhere.

e.g.

PROJECT(SOMETHING)
SET(SOMETHING_SRCS something.cpp another.cpp)
SOURCE_DIRECTORIES(/some/path/source)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(/some/path/include)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(something ${SOMETHING_SRCS} )

I can do all of this except the source directories.  Am I missing
something? I end up copying the sources into the project directory.

Thanks

John

Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: J.P.Fletcher at aston.ac.uk
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.      CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/