[Cmake] Kylix and Cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 4 16:05:44 EST 2003

> I´m starting with Cmake now, and i have one question: Is possible use
> Cmake with Kylix 3 ( C++ Builder ) on Debian 3.0 ??? or Cmake have plans
> in the future to run with Kylix ???

There is no explicit suport for Kylix in CMake right now.  We don't have
any plans to add it ourselves, but if you want to try it, we can help you.

The first step is to get CMake to generate unix Makefiles that work with
the kylix command-line tools correctly.  We can worry about project file
generation later.

For example, you would need to determine a sequence of commands to take a
file "foo.cxx" and create a shared library.  It would be a kylix
equivalent for this set of GCC invocations:

g++ -c foo.cxx
g++ -shared -o libfoo.so foo.o

Once the commands and options are known for doing things like this with
kylix (plus creating static libraries, executables, etc), then it is
pretty easy to tell CMake how to generate makefiles to use them.

-Brad