[Cmake] BUILD_SHARED vs BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ambiguity

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail . nih . gov
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:24:31 -0500

Hello,
	I trying to get my project to do cross platform shared libraries. I am
reading through the documentation in the CMake book and  I have found
that the description of these two variables ambiguates what ADD_LIBRARY
is suppose to do. I am using a very recent (in the past week) version
of CMake. When I only have BUILD_SHARED as an option, it always seems
to generate static libraries. When I tries setting BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
based on BUILD_SHARED, it always seemed to generate shared libraries
even if BUILD_SHARED_LIBS was set to STATIC.
	So, What determines what ADD_LIBRARY is suppose to do?

Thanks,