[Cmake] About the library file name created by CMake (in CMakelist.txt)

Amy Lin alin at itsc . uah . edu
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:46:16 -0500

--------------010404070106080405070802

Bill Hoffman wrote:

>Yes and no.
>
>The lib is required by the OS for libraries that you can link to.
>However, for loadable modules some systems like swig require that
>there be no prefix.
>
>You can set the prefix like this:
>
> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( sample PROPERTIES PREFIX "")
>
>But note, that you will not be able to link to the sample library from
>cmake at this point.

Yes.  That is what I need, as I am building some python modules using
C++.  python doesn't like the prefix.

Thank you very much.

-Amy

>-Bill
>
>At 10:41 AM 8/7/2003, Amy Lin wrote:
>

>>In CMalkelist.txt file, I have added some libraries: such as:
>>
>>ADD_LIBRARY(sample SHARED sample.cpp)
>>
>>It will create a library named as "libsample.so".  It always add prefix "lib" for all the library it created.  Is there a way to get rid of this prefix, the "lib"?
>>
>>Thanx a lot.
>>
>>-Amy

--------------010404070106080405070802

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Bill Hoffman wrote:<br>
 cite="mid5 . 2 . 0 . 9 . 0 . 20030807104828 . 050951f8 at pop . biz . rr . com">
  <pre wrap="">Yes and no.

The lib is required by the OS for libraries that you can link to.
However, for loadable modules some systems like swig require that
there be no prefix.

You can set the prefix like this:

 SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( sample PROPERTIES PREFIX "")

But note, that you will not be able to link to the sample library from
cmake at this point.</pre>
Yes.&nbsp; That is what I need, as I am building some python modules using
C++.&nbsp; python doesn't like the prefix.&nbsp; <br>
Thank you very much.<br>
-Amy<br>
 cite="mid5 . 2 . 0 . 9 . 0 . 20030807104828 . 050951f8 at pop . biz . rr . com">
  <pre wrap="">

-Bill

At 10:41 AM 8/7/2003, Amy Lin wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">In CMalkelist.txt file, I have added some libraries: such as: