[Cmake] CMake doesn't work with latest VS7 release

rbb at rkbloom.net rbb at rkbloom.net
Wed Apr 30 00:15:58 EDT 2003

I am trying to use CMake for a project of mine, but I have been unable to
make it work.  The error I have been getting is:

"CMake Error: EnableLanguage was unable to find a CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM".

After search on google, I believe I have found the problem.  I installed
VS7.1 to "d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003"  Notice that
is D:\, not c:\, and there is a 2003 at the end (the default for the VS
version I installed).  Then I looked at CMakeVS7FindMake.cmake, which is
looking in the registry at:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\7.0\\Setup\\VS;EnvironmentDirectory]
And then the MSVS directory without the 2003 at the end.

But, when I looked at my registry, that key doesn't exist.  The only
difference is that 7.0 changes to 7.1.

I am still working to get CMake to configure itself (I found the Advanced
Values, but now it is failing with cl not being able to build programs).

I will create a patch as soon as I get CMake to build, but I wanted to
make this issue known as soon as I could.

Ryan