[Cmake] (X)Emacs mode

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Apr 29 08:57:44 EDT 2003

> Hello, brave CMake hackers,
>
> does someone have a usable emacs mode for editing CMake scripts?
>
> I saw in the archive that Ken Martin posted one in 2001. Did you
enhance
> it
> meanwhile, and could you be so kind to repost it?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

I just hacked up tcl-mode.el and mainly changed the key words regexp. I
think the emacs mode is in the archive message as well. I haven't
modified it from that date since my lisp skills are rather rusty. I have
attached the basic mode setting code for your .emacs (or _emacs) file
but you probably already have that.

;; setup automode list for specific file types
(setq auto-mode-alist (append '(("\\.c$" . c++-mode)
                                ... (etc etc) ...
                                ("CMakeLists.txt" . cmake-mode)
                                ("Makefile" . makefile-mode))
                              auto-mode-alist))