[Cmake] Re: Error opening terminal: xterm.

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen at atnf.csiro.au
Mon Apr 28 06:31:25 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Feng Ma wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I no longer have the "error opening terminal:xterm" on my SuSE linux with
> version 1.6.6. The precompiled version still generates this error. I am
> lucky to have libncurses.a in my /usr/lib/ directory. So I change the
> CMakeCache.txt with the correct cursor library and recompiled cmake. I got
> ccmake (thanks to previous post). After installation, the error disappered.
>
>   thanks a lot for everyone.
>
> Best,
>
> -Feng

ah thats interesting.   i have just always installed the
static binaries, which as i  indicated, used to work,
but at soime point started genereating this error for Linux.

Did the distribution binaries get built with a new Linux
system at some point, and the behaviour of the now used
curses library has apparently changed ?

cheers
Neil