[Cmake] Problem with -fPIC, dlopen and exception handling.

Marc Traina Marc.Traina at sophia.inria.fr
Thu Apr 24 13:15:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

The 5 files attached with this mail demonstrate with a minimum of code
the following problem :
   - exceptions are no more handled after a dynamic loading of a shared
library
      compiled with the -fPIC flag that include two times the <string>
declaration file....

Few google searches show that I am not the only one to have this kind of
problem with -fPIC, dlopen and exception handling.

The only work around solution I have found is to not use the -fPIC
compilation flag.

1) How to ask cmake to compile shared libraries and associated ".o"
files without the -fPIC flag ?

2) Have you got an explanation of that problem ?

Thanks

Marc