[Cmake] Proposed modifications to FindFLTK.cmake

Mark Foskey mark_foskey at unc.edu
Fri Apr 11 10:43:31 EDT 2003

I have revised my copy of FindFLTK.cmake in two ways so that I don't
have to tweak as much when I run CMakeSetup.

First, it makes an effort to find FLTK under Windows.  It looks in
C:\Program Files\fltk, and checks to see if an FLTKDIR environment
variable is set.  Users would have to set that themselves, but the
benefit is that they could do that once and for all and never have to
tell CMake where FLTK is any more.

Second, under Windows, it defines FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY_DEBUG,
FLTK_GL_LIBRARY_DEBUG, ..., FLTK_LIBRARIES_DEBUG in addition to the
corresponding non-debug library variables.  The FLTK_FOO_LIBRARY
variables were four that always had to be set manually every time I
wanted to debug build.  This way, I can do

IF(WIN32)
   LINK_LIBRARIES(
     debug ${FLTK_LIBRARIES_DEBUG}
     optimized ${FLTK_LIBRARIES}
   )
ENDIF(WIN32)

The file is available at

   http://www.cs.unc.edu/~foskey/FindFLTK.cmake

Is there any reason these changes are a bad idea?  Would it make sense
to have an FLTK_LIBRARIES_DEBUG under Unix too?  If these modifications
are reasonable, please feel more than free to put my new version in the
Modules directory.

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436  Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey at unc.edu            Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC