[Cmake] Where should vc60.pdb be?

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Tue Sep 24 10:32:11 EDT 2002

I have a number of CMake projects where the libs and executables are squirreled away in a lib or bin
directory.  Sometimes when I build just one project from Visual Studio (using a RelWithDebInfo
build), I get a

warning LNK4099: PDB "vc60.pdb" was not found with ...

The vc60.pdb files are stored with the object files but the linker seems to be looking in the
specified lib or bin directories.

If I clean a few projects and rebuild, the problem goes away for awhile.

Am I missing a link option indicating where to look for the program database files?

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Research
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady NY 12301

millerjv at research.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at research.ge.com>

james.miller at research.ge.com
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005,
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981