[Cmake] Some rearchitecting

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Sep 9 08:33:22 EDT 2002

Hey John,

All the code representing what generators are present is in cmake.cxx.
I believe there are three spots you need to modify. Just search for
the current Borland generator and you will see the three spots. The
first is the include statement. The other two are in CreateGenerator
or something like that.

Basically break your old generator into two pieces, Global and Local.
Global handles and tree build issues (like a DSW or a SLN file) The
local handles per directory issues (such as DSP & Makefile) The
UNIX/NMake/Borland have almost nothing in the Global Generator (except
EnableLanguage and TryCompile)

Ken