[Cmake] Some rearchitecting

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Sep 6 14:07:29 EDT 2002

I have modified the interface between cmake, the generators and
cmMakefile. Basically the cmake class represent s an invocation of
cmake. It in turn interacts with a GlobalGenerator that handles the
build process for a tree. The global generator creates a local
generator for each directory in the tree. The local generator is
responsible for the build process for a directory. Each localgenerator
has a cmMakefile. GUI's should talk to the cmake invocation only,
nothing else. There may be a rough edge or two so let me know if
problems arise. I'll keep my eyes open as well.

Thanks
Ken

Ken Martin, PhD
Kitware Inc.