[Cmake] RUN_CONFIGURE

Wheeler, Fred (Research) wheeler at crd.ge.com
Thu Sep 5 10:42:12 EDT 2002

I'm trying to get cmake to run an autoconf configure script in a subdir of VXL which will be
optionally built.  Can anyone tell me the right CMake conditions under which the configure script
should be run?  I've tried UNIX and RUN_CONFIGURE -- both shown below.  I don't like using UNIX
because then the configure script gets run every time cmake gets run.  RUN_CONFIGURE seems like the
right thing.  That is what is done in the top level VXL CMakeLists.txt file.  However, RUN_CONFIGURE
seems to be a magical variable.  With a make rebuild_cache, I'm seeing the top level VXL configure
script get run, so RUN_CONFIGURE must be true at that point.  However, it does not seem to be true
when cmake gets down to my new subdirectory.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Fred Wheeler

IF( UNIX )
  EXEC_PROGRAM( ${allvxl_SOURCE_DIR}/v3p/mpeg2/configure
                ${allvxl_BINARY_DIR}/v3p/mpeg2 )
ENDIF( UNIX )

IF( RUN_CONFIGURE )
  EXEC_PROGRAM( ${allvxl_SOURCE_DIR}/v3p/mpeg2/configure
                ${allvxl_BINARY_DIR}/v3p/mpeg2 )
ENDIF( RUN_CONFIGURE )