[Cmake] CMake-1.4.5: intermediate files directory (Borland Makefiles)

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 13:46:16 EDT 2002

> project           - source directory
> project-debug     - build tree for debug version of project
> project-release   - build tree for release version of project

This approach can be a bit tedious using the CMake Gui because

Src   : d:\VTK
Build : d:\cmakebuild\vtkdebug

Src   : d:\VTK
Build : d:\cmakebuild\vtkrelease

etc etc (for several projects).

When you select the source dir in the gui and then choose a build dir. It
overwrites the previous setting. (Because it stores dirs by referenceing the
src location). (Which means you have to maually enter the build dir for
every change of vtk project etc)

Any objection to me adding a "Project" box to the Gui so that you can select
VTK Release
VTK Debug
CMake
...(release/debug/shared/static etc).
and it'll store different src/build dirs for each setup...

JB