[Cmake] Problems installing cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jan 25 10:12:10 EST 2002

> Now I´m trying with precompiled ones. I make the next:
>
>     gunzip ...tar.gz
>     tar -xvf ...tar
>
>     Then i get two files, one .tar and README, but when I try to
> extract the tar it seem not to be recognized. What can I do? What am I
> doing bad? What should I do to uncompress it correctly?
I just checked, and it looks like we accidentally compressed the internal
tarball, but left off the .gz extension.  I have replaced the tarball on
the web page and in the FTP directory.  The new one should untar
correctly.  If you downloaded with a browser, be sure to clear the
browser's cache, or it may give you the same file again.

You can also just rename the internal tarball to have .tar.gz and then use
tar xvzf to extract it.

-Brad