[Cmake] Precompiled headers with VC++

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Thu Feb 21 10:14:33 EST 2002

At 2/21/2002 10:07 AM, Lorensen, William E (CRD) wrote:
>Please do not require perl to build vtk or itk.

Perl is your friend. Perl has been ported almost everywhere. You shall not
fear Perl :)

More seriously, Perl is not required here: this special header file listing
the most dependent VTK header files could be generated from time to time
manually or by a cron job and put/updated in the CVS.

I guess I should checkout a VTK tree and create a Perl script to add the
following code to the beginning of each .cxx file (yes, it *has* to be at
the beginning of a *cxx* file, before all other #include). Then compile the
tree and check the compilation time. Then play with it a week or a month to
see how it behaves...

#ifdef USE_PCH
#  ifdef _MSC_VER
#    include "vtksbPrecompiledHeaders.h"
#    pragma hdrstop
#  endif
#endif

(of course the name of the file can be changed, it was chosen to comply
with my vtksb lib).

--
Sebastien Barre