[Cmake] CMSYSTEMTOOLS_STANDALONE

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Dec 2 11:19:05 EST 2002

cmSystemTools shold not use the cmMakefile. The FindLibrary command in
cmSystem tools should be reworked so that it doesn't use the makefile.
Instead the Makefile will have its own FindLibrary command that handles
the odd cases. I've been meaning to do this and it will clean up some of
these issues. I'll take a stab at it this week.

Thanks
Ken

cmSystemTools in
> in one of my vtkCustom Dll's I needed to add some
> class CMSYSTEMTOOLS_EXPORT cmSystemTools
> additions. This has made the process a bit more messy than I had
intended
> and I need to plan it a bit better.
>
> Probably a cmSystemUtils dll would be better, then have anything that
uses
> cmMakefile in a seperate class. Though I think leave the name as
> cmSystemTools and just move a few that need esoteric things into into
> new
> cmMakefileTools or something like that.
>
> Why is CMakeLib always static?

I fixed most of the problems so that CMakeLib could be a DLL, (briefly
it was for about a week) But STL under MSVC6 has problems with DLLs and
iterators and it turned out that I didn't need it to be a DLL and it
made the code more of a mess so I changed it back to static.