[Cmake] SOURCE_FILES deprecation

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Apr 22 15:31:18 EDT 2002

Hello Amitha,

These commands are not really deprecated. We plan to support them for
a long time to come. But... Here is how it is supposed to work. If you
say that your CMakeList files require CMake version > 1.2 (using the
CMakeRequiredVersion command) then SOURCE_FILES is not a valid command
(since you've specified that CMake 1.2 can't be used anyhow, we don;t
want you using the old style commands). Otherwise they should still be
allowed. So somewhere there must be a CMAKE_REQUIRED_VERSION command
that is causing the errors to show up. The only problem I can see is
that maybe vxl doesn't requires CMake > 1.2 but it is being included
within a project (maybe Insight etc) that does require CMake > 1.2. In
that case something like

IF (COMMAND CMAKE_REQUIRES_VERSION)
  CMAKE_REQUIRES_VERSION( VERSION 1.2)
ENDIF (COMMAND CMAKE_REQUIRES_VERSION)

at the beginning of the vxl CMakeLists.txt file should do the job. Let
me know if that is the case or if something else if happening.

Thanks
Ken