[Cmake] Mimicking directory structure in workspace fileview

Jordan jordan.howarth at cmis.csiro.au
Fri Nov 9 05:27:02 EST 2001

Great tool!!

My team has been developing in MSDEV for the last year and we are now
considering cross-platform development. CMake appears to provided all
the platform independence we require in the build process.

One feature of the MSDEV workspace we have found invaluable is the
ability to create folders within projects (not Workspace) so that the
fileview structure in the workspace window is identical to the actual
file structure on disk.

If this is the actual file structure:

School
|-- CMakeLists.txt
|-- Classroom
|   |-- CMakeLists.txt
|   `-- Teacher
|       |-- Student
|       |   |-- student.cpp
|       |   `-- student.h
|       |-- teacher.cpp
|       `-- teacher.h
`-- Head
    |-- CMakeLists.txt
    `-- main.cpp

and this is School/Classroom/CMakeLists.txt:

ADD_LIBRARY(classroom STATIC teach room)
AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY(Teacher teach)
AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY(Teacher/Student room)

then is there a CMake command that allows this same structure to
appear in the workspace view. At present CMake produces a workspace
containing the MSDEV "projects" Classroom and Head, with the
corresponding .cpp files stored in a "Source Files" folder.

BTW, is there an exhaustive tutorial or available assortment of
CMakeLists.txt (other than in CMake.pdf) to show how all the CMake
commands can be used, and thereby fast track new and enthusiastic
users like myself. ;)

Regards,

J.

Jordan Howarth				mailto:jordan.howarth at cmis.csiro.au
CSIRO					p: (07) 3375 9632, (07) 3826 7314
Mathematical and Information Sciences	f: (07) 3826 7304

         -=| For every truth there are a thousand lies |=-