[Cmake] Set command

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu May 24 17:00:23 EDT 2001

To clarify,

A variable created with SET in only used to generate the makefile in the current working directory if
it is not put in the cache?

This is a change in behavior.  Why was this changed?

This broke my testing configurations.  The variables I had set in my toplevel CMakeLists.txt file
didn't need to be in the cache if CMake was keeping them active during the makefile generation
process.