[Cmake] CMAKE_ROOT defined, new Templates directory

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu May 17 12:45:33 EDT 2001

I have modified CMake to define CMAKE_ROOT which is the directory
where CMake is installed. You should modify your INCLUDE commands to
go from

CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR = which is the top directory of your current build

CMAKE_ROOT = where cmake is installed

so

INCLUDE (${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/CMAKE/Modules/FindOpenGL.cmake)

would become

INCLUDE (${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindOpenGL.cmake)

These changes are to support an installed version of CMake where you
no longer need to have a CMake source tree in your project's source
tree. I believe the old INCLUDES will still work as long as you have
YourProject/CMake as your directory structure. I also created a new
directory called Templates which is where I moved the Microsoft
template files DLLHeader.cmaketemplate etc to. This was for three
reasons: 1) it cleans up Source some which was getting crowded 2) it
makes it so that installed versions of CMake do not require a Source
subdirectory 3) they were support/template files, not really source
code files. The UNIX build without CMake in your source tree is not
complete yet. I'll let you know when it is.

Thanks
Ken