[Cmake] Issues and new ideas

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri May 11 20:15:04 EDT 2001

Hi

>>3. Central directory for libraries.   I think this should be
>>done much like 1. We should create a variable that is used by the generators,
>>LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, it can be either global or local to a makefile.

Yes, I backup this idea, we need that :), otherwise it's really a pain to
add all directories to the PATH.

But how do you want to handle the DSP configurations (i.e. Release, Debug) ?

a) given LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, create
${LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY}/${configuration} automatically and put the libs
in it ?

b) allow the user to specify an output directory for each configuration,
say : LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_RELEASE and LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_DEBUG ?

a) is my favorite.