[Cmake] Modules/FindPythonLibs.cmake

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri May 11 11:45:41 EDT 2001

At 11/05/2001 11:06 -0400, Ken Martin wrote:
>Hello Folk,
>
>I have added registry support to the FIND_LIBRARY, FIND_PATH and
>FIND_PROGRAM commands. See below ...

Ooops, I'm just working on FIND_LIBRARY :) (solve the NAMES issue).
Conflict ahead :) ? I guess you modified cmSystemTools::FindLibrary
instead. Yes, that's it.

> > Seems to me that Ken has committed a FindPythonLibs.cmake
> > module (shouldn't
> > it be named FindPython.cmake instead ?)
>
>It could be if it also found the python executable.

OK. It's just a syntax problem. I guess all other modules should be renamed
then to FindXXXLibs.cmake.

> > Is it just a reminder for I've said about the Python
> > registry keys to use,
> > or is someone really working on that registry issue ?
> >
> > FIND_LIBRARY(PYTHON_LIBRARY python python21 python20
> >    PATHS
> >    /usr/lib
> >    /usr/local/lib
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\InstallPath]/libs
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.0\InstallPath]/libs
> > )
> >

>It is implemented and at least slightly tested.

It works great !
There is still the vtkCommonPython.dsp problem :
# ADD
LINK32  "${PYTHON_LIBRARY}.lib"
/LIBPATH:"S:/src/vtk/vtknew-build/Rendering/$(OUTDIR)"
[...]

>The regexp is \[(HKEY[A-Za-z_0-9\.\\]*)\] so I'm basically looking for
>[HKEY I don't think there is any need for a special word.

OK. It's very Win32 oriented, but it works :)
Thanks