cmake: RE: [Cmake] VC truncating link lines

Cross, Geoff (CRD) crossge at crd.ge.com
Wed May 9 14:17:58 EDT 2001

> Has anyone else noticed that VC seems to be truncating link
> lines that are longer than 2200
> charaters... At least, in the Settings it appears that way,
> although I haven't worked out what is
> happening when I link (I've got other errors to deal with first...).

A couple of hours of experimenting later...

Yes, it is true: MSDEV (in true Microsoft fashion) truncates very long lines in the dsp file, and so
you need to be careful.  However, it seems that if a line is split, you won't have any problems.  In
my case, I changed

# ADD LINK32 something somethingelse

# ADD LINK32 something
# ADD LINK32 somethingelse

and my problems were solved.

I will make the corresponding changes to CMake.

Geoff.