[Cmake] "Automatic" LINK_DIRECTORIES under Unix

Amitha Perera perera at cs.rpi.edu
Mon Jun 18 15:08:46 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 09:55:34AM -0400, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On further thought, I don't think your idea will work.
>  LINK_LIBRARIES( vnl )  How will you know where vnl is?
> The cache entry may not have been made yet.

I think it'll work as follows: on the first run, the cache is empty,
and no paths are present. The makefile will be generated, and the
cache will be updated with the paths. Next, when the user runs "make",
it detects that the cache has been updated, and regenerates the
makefile. At this point, all the library destinations are known (from
the initial makefile generation phase), so the paths can still be
extracted.