[Cmake] Autological Makefiles (+ VTK new build is *slow*)

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jun 4 18:04:05 EDT 2001

I am just not seeing anything like what you are seeing.
Are other people seeing a 1 minute start up time for command line builds?
I see perhaps a 4 second delay before it starts building from the command line.
What service pack of VC are you running?  Is there anyone else having this
problem?

In one project here, there are about 150 dsp in the project.
It loads in about 15 sec. on my machine.   When I ask it to build
from scratch, it starts building if a few seconds.  The command line
build takes about 10 secs to start.

I am still a bit confused by your message.   You are saying that inside the
IDE it is faster than from the command line.   Where is the info cached?
I can buy that each time a .cxx is compiled it re-does the depends for that
file, but that is really what you should be doing.   I don't think that
it does the depends on all the files for each load of msdev.  Is that what
you think it does?