[Cmake] Install Rules

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri Jun 1 18:25:47 EDT 2001

At 01/06/2001 17:37, Ken Martin wrote:

>Currently on windows these commands do nothing, but in the future
>maybe we can have them generate a batch file and target that does the
>install, or generate an install shield (or wise etc) script.

Hi Ken

I had a small private discussion with Bill regarding that issue on Windows.
I'm using Inno, a free Windows installer. It's *really* powerful.

I'm OK to have a look at a windows installation target using Inno, if I get
some help :) There is a huge amount of options available in Inno, but I
guess I can have a look at the documentation and check what is really
mandatory at the moment. For example, we all know that there is no fixed
directory hierarchy in Windows, so we will need some mechanism to specify
that we want files to be installed in the System directory, or in the
Python lib directory (using the registry), etc. More about that soon.

(fixing the VTKDLL stuff for the new tree would be cool also).