[Cmake] Java targets

William A. Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Dec 21 08:35:04 EST 2001

No, I don't think you want a new generator.   It would involve extending
the existing ones.
I think the microsoft workspace generator may already work, I am not
sure.   To test it create a list
of source files with the java extension, and create a workspace and see
what it does.

Here are functions you would want to look at:

// these function returns the output extension for a given input extension
cmUnixMakefileGenerator::GetOutputExtension(const char*)
cmNMakeMakefileGenerator::GetOutputExtension(const char*)

// this function sets the possible extensions to search for
cmMakefile::cmMakefile()  // source file extensions

// this creates the rule to build an output file from a source file
cmUnixMakefileGenerator::OutputBuildObjectFromSource
cmNMakeMakefileGenerator::OutputBuildObjectFromSource

You may also have to create a new target type.
I guess you would be creating jar files?