[Cmake] cmUtilitySourceCommand : why relative path to source ?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Sun Aug 19 12:31:33 EDT 2001

Hi Bill,

At 19/08/2001 12:27, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>The command is aimed at utilities that may or may not be part of the build.
>For example, the new wrapping package CABLE can be installed or be part
>of the source tree for the project you are working on.  For third-party
>stuff, FIND_FILE should
>be used.

Sure, but what if the package is localed elsewhere (i.e. not in the tree,
but in a different Windows drive for example) ?

I mean, if the path was absolute, it would be just fine because we could
still use the command like this :

>>   UTILITY_SOURCE(VTK_WRAP_TCL_EXE vtkWrapTcl ${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/Wrapping
>> vtkWrapTcl.c)

it would be just up to the user to prepend the current path in that case,
am I right ?

But since it's relative, this prevent the command to be used in a different
(non-relative) context, don't you think so ?