[Cmake] File and compiler specific flags?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre . nom . fr
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 01:19:54 +0200

At 19/08/2001 17:48, William A. Hoffman wrote:

>I am using the following in Insight:
>

>>At 17/08/2001 17:57, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>>>You guessed it:
>>>
>>>IF(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)
>>>         SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -ftemplate-depth-50")
>>>ENDIF(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)
>>
>>I's working, but there is a slight problem anyway : the new
>>CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS value does not make its way to the cache, although the
>>original value has the following syntax (here, for Windows) :
>
>It does work, it does not show up in the cache, but is in the makefile and
>is inherited so it makes
>it into the entire build below the the CMakeLists.txt the has the above
>command.

Sure it does (as said "it's working"), but it's not kept in the cache, thus
the next time you launch the GUI, the new value is not shown, although it
will be computed correctly, again. It's just a cosmetic pb, but it's one of
the Cmake confusing issue (to my opinion, of course).