[CMake-Promote] The Law Of Focus

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 23:16:02 EST 2006

At 10:59 PM 1/23/2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>Bill Hoffman wrote:
>
>>http://software.ericsink.com/20040129.html
>> From the same web page, some words about marketing:
>>http://software.ericsink.com/laws/Immutable_Laws_Marketing.html
>>
>As I read these over, I find myself usefully drawn to The Law Of Focus.
>If CMake were to try to cause 1 word to be associated in the customer's mind about it, what should that 1 word be?

I have not come up with one word, but I think CMake's strong point would be
working on all platforms.   So, the "build everywhere" build tool, or something
along those lines.  It is all about reproducible builds on all platforms.
Write the build files once, and build in is many places as you need as often
as you want.

-Bill