[CMake-Promote] Generic Instructions

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Jan 17 11:08:03 EST 2006

Hi All,

Ok, I am working on part of CMake and I will need those generic
instructions. I would really like to have multiple files. One would be
generic readme, generic install, and generic license.

As far as the names goes, I would really vote for:

README.txt
INSTALL.txt
LICENSE.txt

With an option of being:

README-CMAKE.txt

Then we could have CMake actually generate those files if they do not
exist and complain to the user. This way people who do not have it would
get a copy from CMake and people who have it, well CMake would use theirs.

--
Andy Cedilnik
Kitware Inc.